By Darryl Payne
Posted on May 14, 2013
Now that it's starting to finally warm up here in the Smokies, travelers' thoughts are turning more and more to fun outdoor activities. But maybe you're planning your first trip to the area and have no idea what to choose from all the attractions out there. Or maybe you've been coming here your whole life and are looking for some ideas on something new you can try out with the family. This week, to get you started on the right track, we present the top five outdoor activities as ranked by reviewers on tripadvisor.com:
• Smoky Mountain Ziplines – Located less than two miles off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. The largest zipline course in the Smokies.
• Taking Better Photos Tours – Teaches beginner and advanced photography classes at area resorts and then provides driving and walking photo-taking tours of the Great Smoky Mountains.
• Bluff Mountain Adventures – Guided ATV tours through rugged mountain terrain.
• Speed Zone 40 MPH Go-Karts – A place for kids and adults to choose from four different go-cart tracks, from twisty to slick.
• Appalachian Outdoors Whitewater Rafting – These guided rafting excursions take thrill seekers through whitewater rapids of East Tennessee rivers.
And for highly rated accommodations, check out this selection of Gatlinburg, Sevierville and Pigeon Forge rental cabins.
About Darryl Payne
Darryl Payne is a native of East Tennessee in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. He is a web developer with a passion for building great websites. As a local, he can offer a unique perspective on where to stay and things to do while on vacation in the Smokies. To read his latest recommendations, please click the Google+ follow button.