By Darryl Payne
Posted on January 14, 2013
Sometimes poor old Sevierville isn't the first place in the Smokies you think about when it comes to attractions. But if you breeze on through on your way to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, you'll be missing out on some cool and fun places to see. Here are a few Sevierville attractions you don't want to miss:
1) Tennessee Smokies – It's still a few more months until baseball season gets under way, but you can see the minor league Tennessee Smokies in action at Smokies Park in Sevierville.
2) Cirque de Chine – This live show at Governor's Crossing development showcases amazing feats of skill and athleticism by a troupe of Chinese acrobats, contortionists and dancers.
3) Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo – View some of the world's most fascinating creatures up close when you visit this attraction, which showcases not only amphibians, reptiles and birds from the Amazon rainforest but also a few visitors from Down Under.
4) Tennessee Museum of Aviation – Learn about the history of aviation in the state and celebrate the accomplishments of its pioneers as you tour this collection of exhibits, which includes a giant hangar full of actual vintage aircraft.
5) Forbidden Caverns – Explore the mysteries that lie deep beneath the surface of the East Tennessee mountains at this longtime attraction, which stays an even 58 degrees year 'round.
About Darryl Payne
Darryl Payne is a native of East Tennessee in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. He is a web developer with a passion for building great websites. As a local, he can offer a unique perspective on where to stay and things to do while on vacation in the Smokies. To read his latest recommendations, please click the Google+ follow button.